Saturday, May 17, 2008

The Tiniest Angel

Brooke McKenzie Eaves
November 28, 2007 - May 17, 2008

It is with tears and a heavy heart that I write this post. My tiny cousin Brooke passed away this morning in Chattanooga. To be so small, she was so strong; doctors and family alike are truly amazed that her life lasted as long as it did. She did have so many odds stacked against her.
The beautiful ending to this story is that although there is much healing to be done for her parents, brothers and sister and family and friends, she is finally completely well. There are no ventilators in heaven, no needles and monitors and tubes. There is only perfection.
We will be traveling to Chattanooga on Sunday for the visitation at 4 and the funeral Monday at 10 at Silverdale Baptist.
Thank you once again for all of your prayers. Please keep them coming, as Jeff and Leatha will need them for many days to come.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Lauren, I am so sorry for you and your family's loss. I am truly happy for her, though, as you said, she is at peace now. We will be praying.
Rosie

Amanda Ledford said...

I am so very sorry. I am praying for you all and please let me know if there is anything you need while you are in Chattanooga.

Leigh Ann said...

I'm so sorry to hear this news, Lauren. I will be lifting up your family.

Megan L Hutchings said...

I will definitely keep praying =)!!!

ocean mommy said...

Wow....It's a small world. Jeff and Leatha were my oldest daughter (now 9) Sunday School teachers WAY back when she was almost 2. My heart is breaking for them right now. I will be praying for them.

We live outside of Atlanta now so I was shocked to see those names here.

This is my first time here, I came via Kelley's favorite room post.

Blessings to you
stephanie