Thursday, April 3, 2008

Worker's Comp



It's hard work being a baby. You have to eat all the time...and cry....and grow...and rely on less-than-perfect parents to take care of you. Which leads us to the fact that were he able, I'm sure Dawson would file worker's comp for the injury he sustained today due to his mother's lack of attention as she went to pick him up, and somehow scraped his nose with her wedding ring. Don't ask me how it happened, I don't know. All I do know is that he cried, and then I proceeded to cry while he looked at me like "What? What's wrong with you? I'M the kid with the scraped nose!"

Proof positive that no one is perfect, even mommies.

5 comments:

Meagan said...

And he's still beautiful! No worries little mama... I am sure this is the first of many injuries - that's just how you get to be a rough and rowdy little boy! :-)

Anonymous said...

ESPECIALLY mommies!!! Ugh, I hate the feeling of knowing that I can't make my kids world just "perfect"!

Adam's brother's baby scratched his face a while back and his comment was that "chicks dig scars" =)

I will email you a pic as soon as I get a second.

Rosie

Micah said...

Hi Lauren! Rosie passed your blog address on to me so I could see pictures of your adorable little boy!!! And I LOVE his room! It is absolutely adorable! Glad to hear you all are doing well! We're adjusting to living up "north". We're building a house and should move in about 6 weeks from now, and our little girl is due in about 2 weeks. AHHH!!! =)

Megan L Hutchings said...

Ditto on what Meag said! I know it is hard when they hurt themselves and you are in their presence, but just remember boys are rough & tough! At least you did not let him roll off a bed...just saying...lol!

Unknown said...

What a precious post! I'm sure you are such an awesome mommy!