Thursday, November 13, 2008

Manchester Means Family

We have had something going on nearly every weekend since the middle of August, so there are several events that I'm just now posting about! (Shameful, I know).

I thought I'd start catching up with our family reunion in Manchester...it's a town that's about 30 minutes from Murfreesboro. My grandmother and grandfather (my mom's parents) grew up there, and so I have tons of great-aunts and uncles and cousins that live there. On the last Sunday of August, we always get together - it's a tradition that's been going on as long as I can remember. Sometimes, we have it outside, but this year, we had it inside a church fellowship hall since it was so hot. Everyone brings a covered dish or two, and we all eat and talk and spend time with each other. Every year is exciting because things change so much - someone's married, engaged, going to college, pregnant, just had a baby...all the things that make life fun!

Now, someone please tell me what's wrong with these two pictures....

Why are the ladies in the kitchen working...
...while the men are just sitting there?? Um, hello? Shouldn't it be the other way around?
Dawson catches up with his Great-Aunt Robin and Great-Grandpa...
My mom and her cousins Sherri and Gary...
My cousins Meredith and Madison chill with D-Word...
When I say "some family" I'm not talking about 10 people. There's, like, 84.
My mom's cousin, Joe, and my dad attempt to share pictures of their kids with their phones. I'm not sure how well it worked, what with those new-fangled contraptions and all. (Dad, I'm so kidding. Please don't write me out of the will or anything.)

I love my family!













Fletcher.Sign

4 comments:

Michelle said...

I just love family reunions. We have not done that in years.
All my grandparents are gone, but boy do I miss those times.

The best memories ;)

Megan L Hutchings said...

Family reunions are the best ;)! I love that first picture of your mom. She always has the warmest smile ;)!

Meagan said...

Family reunions crack me up! lol. I am so glad you enjoy yours and that y'all make it an annual event! Very cool. You've been doing that for as long as I can remember... and that, is pretty neat.

michelle said...

That looks like it is so much fun! And I love how the men are sitting....I guess thats normal because thats how my family is :) And that is a big family, I thought our 30 - 40 family members were a lot! Its always fun to see what has changed in a year!