Wednesday, March 10, 2010

The Pause Button


I need one.

Time goes by so quickly, doesn't it?

We have been busy - it seems every weekend holds an event or something to do - but we're having a blast.

Dawson's BFF, Vance, turned three in February and hosted his birthday party at Bounce U. I had never been to a bouncy place before, and oh-my-word --- if you ever want a really good workout, take your toddler there. I was sweating by the time we got to the cake and ice cream.

Hannibal Lechter meets Jack Nicholson in "The Shining."

The birthday boy had a blast, as did all his friends...
...Dawson's favorite parts were the "swides" and throwing the balls. Check out that gut.

"You talkin' da me?"
All of the partiers posing...Dawson was literally yelling, "CHEESE!!!!"

Abby, Dawson and Vance demanding cake...Happy Birthday, Vance!

Dawson has also learned to master yet another household appliance besides the vacuum cleaner, mop and dishwasher:
No, it wasn't on.
Yes, I let him pretend as long as he wanted. I will be showing him these when he's 15 and his clothes are scattered all over his room.

I've also had the pleasure recently of meeting a fellow blogger again - Lauren from Orlando came to Nashville to visit several friends and we met for lunch at Merchant's on Broadway. I first met her at Christmas when we were in Orlando at Disney. Lauren is just one of those people you instantly like and always want to know - she's also considering moving to Nashvegas so I'm super-excited about that!


Events coming up include a big St. Patrick's Day party and auction I've helped plan for The Junior League; a super-cute baby shower (um, no...don't even think about it); and David's 40th birthday! What do you get a 40-year-old for his birthday? A cane? Some dentures? Hmmm...








Fletcher.Sign

2 comments:

Megan L Hutchings said...

If you ever find that pause button, will you share it with me?

It makes my heart so happy to know that D-word and Vance are so close. I hope they are in bday party pics for years to come!

Meagan said...

You never cease to make me laugh! I am FINALLY back in the blogging world with my computer home safe in my lap!

I think its so cool you met a blogging beauty! I can't beleive you didn't pack us all her her suitcase and ship us all to Florida!