Monday, August 31, 2009

Traditions and Toys

We love when our family gets to come visit, and last weekend we were excited to spend time with Gran, Papa, Uncle Brandon, Uncle J, Aunt K, Zoey and G-Pa the Great!

It's become a tradition now that when they're here, we eat dinner at Miller's Grocery in Christiana. It's an old train depot-turned-grocery-turned-restaurant that features old-fashioned, Southern food (fried catfish, meatloaf, corn nuggets, frog legs and Mississippi Mud), and live bluegrass music on Friday and Saturday nights.

Sheer. Happiness.

Zoey and Dawson were a little too excited about the music to eat.
Zoey was very ladylike and clapped along...
...while her alter-ego insisted upon becoming a table dancer. His mom was thrilled. Our waitresses comment was, "He's just so expressive!!" Uh-huh. That's the word.

Two of my favorite men...
We all had a good time. I hope we can do it again soon, seeing as how The Zohan is D-Word's favorite toy.

Until she comes back, he'll have to make do with the super-duper, handy-dandy, steal-of-a-deal $3 good-as-new portable snack stand that his daddy got him from the flea market.

No, I don't usually support the buying of toys at the flea market.

Seeing as how the word flea is involved.

But it was a hit. Especially after it was cleaned, Lysoled and disinfected.
You can pretend to grind ice to make slushies, fix snacks like pretzels and candy, and run a wee business with the built-in cash register!
"May I take your order?"
"I'll get that for you in just a second...I like to have a clean work space."
"Let me just grind the ice for you...did you say blueberry or cherry?"
"We take Visa, cash, debit or Goldfish."

"Thank you, Daddy...I love it!"

A little entrepreneur after his own heart.




Fletcher.Sign

6 comments:

Lauren said...

Precious!!! : )

Whitney said...

Oh my gosh! I love that toy! I would play with it now! HA! Such sweet pictures!

Megan L Hutchings said...

Vance would absolutely be beside himself with that. I see a play date in our future...seriously!!!!

Amanda Ledford said...

CUTE! I miss you both! Call me soon!

Leigh Ann said...

I'm with you on flea market stuff, but sometimes it is just so worth it to buy it. He's just so happy! LOVE it!

Meagan said...

Okay. so that last picture pulled at the heartstrings! LOL! What a great deal!