We only have ONE MORE MONTH until we'll be in Disney World!!
We are getting so excited - we have all of our character lunches and dinners planned, our tickets...somebody stop us.
Some of my most wonderful childhood memories come from my family's trips to Disney, and so I am thrilled to be able to take Dawson there. I bought him this today to wear to the Very Merry Christmas Party with Mickey the first night we're there:
...because nothing says "I'm completely and totally obsessed" like a Mickey-ear-and-argyle-holiday sweater. Hello, Clark Griswold.
Anyway - this will be the first vacay that we've taken as a family of NINE...and the first with two under age two. Valium, anyone?
Here are the other things that will be different about this trip to Disney in comparison to the others we've taken:
1) We will actually sit down at a table to eat breakfast each morning. There will be no porking down pre-packaged donuts at the shuttle stop, followed by collective drinking from a singular water bottle.
2) My brother Jason will actually change clothes daily. There will be no wearing of the same wife-beater, puffy jacket and khakis for the entire 6 days. It's amazing what marriage can do.
3) We will actually see Disney World. There will be no blur of colorful objects zooming by us as we try- unsuccessfully- to keep up with my mother on her sprint-and-you-shall-see-it-all tour.
4) My brothers will embrace their maturity and not try to intentionally scare the characters as they cheerfully walk by us during the parades. Last time, Cinderella and the Little Mermaid had PTSD after my brothers acted like a combination of Rain Man and The Three Stooges.
5) We will actually sleep. Toddlers REQUIRE naps and at least seven hours of nightly rest. See number 3.
6) We will actually eat. Toddlers become hellacious demons without food. See number 3.
7) I will treat my child like a dog and use a sophisticated backpack/leash system to keep him with me at all times. I refuse to be that mom at Guest Services saying, "I just turned around for a second...!!!!"
8) We will have so much friggin-fraggin' fun it will be unbelievable.